Best Software to use for File Prep
Our Digital Imaging Department works on Apple’s current release of the IMac Platforms. For File Prep, we can accept Macintosh based files in the following applications. We support the latest version and earlier versions of each software package.
**Microsoft files are not intended for large format output, but are accepted on an exception basis. Expect some inconsistencies and variations when enlarging; color matching and/or Pantone Matching are not supported and are not guaranteed. Please notify our Customer Service Representative prior to sending us these file types.
To avoid unnecessary delays in creating your final output, please use the following File Set Up Guide and “Pre-Flight Checklist” before sending your artwork. If you have a question about how to prepare, please call our customer service team at (508) 872-3280.
DPI at Final Size for Output Devices
LAMBDA This process requires a resolution of 200 DPI.
INK JET This process requires a resolution of 100 DPI.
DYE SUB This process requires a resolution of 100 DPI.
HP10K, V150 This process requires a resolution of 100 DPI.
HP XL1500 This process requires a resolution of 100 DPI
- Did you include both the Screen and Printer Fonts?
- Are all support files included? (i.e. high res files, image files)
- Did you include an up-to-date B&W or Color print out of the files?
- Did you specify all PMS colors on your laser?
- Are Raster Images the correct file size for the size and output device? (Call our customer service team if you are unsure) Did you specify final output size and check proportions?
- Are there any special color matching instructions?
- Have you indicated any special retouching instructions? Proof?
- Did you delete those files that are not part of your final image?
Save Your Work
It is best practice to save your work in the native format of the application that you are working in, i.e., Illustrator or InDesign. We accept PDFs but be aware that editing and correcting them can be limited. If you will be providing us with production ready pdf, please use our PDF Job Options. Please note that you may have to adjust the Marks and Bleeds setting to ensure that the proper bleed is printed.
For more information on Software we support.