Green Initiatives: ICL Imaging offers Sustainable Large Format Printing Materials
What We Believe
ICL Imaging is committed to conducting our business as a good corporate environmental citizen.
We feel it is important to operate our company in an environmentally sustainable manner by conserving energy and water consumption – thereby reducing our carbon emissions, and waste – and by offering earth friendly sustainable products while helping to preserve our natural resources.
What it Means to be Sustainable
“…meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”
Gro Harlem Brundtland
Former Prime Minister of Norway & Director General, World Health Organization
- Sustainable Products
- Internal Resource Conservation
- Solid Waste Reduction & Recycling
- External Resource Conservation
Did You Know?
Every three months, Americans throw away enough aluminum to rebuild the nation’s commercial air fleet!
Turning down your thermostat by one degree can cut 8% off your fuel bill!
Recycling a glass bottle also causes 20% less air pollution & 50% less water pollution than when a new bottle is made from raw materials!
Working Responsibly: Our Initiatives
- Eco-Celtic: Fabric is made from 100% recycled materials and printed with Aqueous Based Inks.
- Bio-Boards: Rigid substrates that are Biodegradable & Recyclable (SFI Certified).
- Bio-Banners: Vinyl banners that are made from recycled materials.
- Eco-Inks: ICL offers printing with UV Curable and water Based Inks.
Internal Resource Conservation
- ICL conserves paper by providing PDF proofs to our customers.
- We offer UV Printing with less VOC’s than solvent printers.
- Workstation computers are equipped with LCD’s, which consume less energy than CRT’s.
- ICL replaced over 1,000 bulbs with low energy fluorescent tubes.
- Equipment, air conditioners and heating units are on timers and are temperature controlled.
- New equipment has reduced water consumption by 30%.
Solid Waste Reduction & Recycling
- We recycle over 5 tons of wooden pallets a year.
- We recycle over a square mile of cardboard a year.
- We recycle over 800 toner cartridges a year.
- We also recycle all computer monitors and CPU’s.
External Resource Conservation
- All of ICL’s delivery vans are equipped with GPS and cell phones to reduce fossil fuel consumption.
- We stagger our work schedules to reduce traffic congestion.
- We encourage out Account Executives to work remotely to reduce fossil fuel consumption.
- We send more PDF’s and fewer hard copy approvals to reduce paper and gasoline consumption.
We Would Love To Hear From You
To learn more about ICL Imaging’s sustainable practices and how you can help conserve energy, please email us at: email@example.com or call (508) 872-3280.
For more information please see our Blog on;